[Tango-L] It's all about the music...for me, that is

Janis Kenyon Jantango at feedback.net.ar
Thu Jan 31 13:03:13 EST 2008

Yesterday at Lo de Celia while I was melting in Tony's embrace, I heard the
most beautiful lyrics of a tango.  After we danced, I commented to him that
I wanted to know the title and find the lyrics.  Tony quickly summarized the
tango, and we started dancing again.

Before leaving I went to ask the DJ for the title.  Dany told me it was
Caricias.  I wanted to find the complete lyrics and went to my favorite
online source Todo Tango.  I remembered only the first words of the lyrics:
Nos separamos un dia.  I went to the lyrics section and found two tangos
entitled Caricias, though neither one was the tango I was looking for.  I
did a search within the site and found two more tangos with the words, nos
separamos.

It turned out that the tango is entitled, Mas solo que nunca.  The Todo
Tango site makes it possible to listen to a recording of the music while
reading the lyrics.  The site has the recording by Laurenz/Bermudez recorded
in 1944, the year the tango was written by Federico Leone with lyrics by
Enrique Dizeo.

It's only 2 minutes 38 seconds long.  The second verse isn't recorded or it
would be longer.  It's a shame that dancers talk so much between dances.
They miss hearing and dancing it.