[Tango-L] metin video

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 12:23:11 EST 2008

--- Mario <sopelote at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Why do women put up with this..are they all masochists ??
> ...and then she smiles and laughs incredulously?? duh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8jgnvrTxl4&feature=related

Mario,
The move Metin is demonstrating does look like fun when
done correctly.  Check out this one with Pulpo & Luisa, in
which he does the move at about 2:26.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OplUFeukicY

There are those who complain that certain moves aren't done
at milongas or whatever.  Maybe not, certainly not by those
not skilled enough to do it.  Does that mean that it isn't
something that shouldn't be taught?  No, because the
techniques you can learn with such moves can improve your
basic dancing if you approach it with that idea in mind.
The woman in the video didn't have the technique down, but
with practice she might one day.  She obviously didn't feel
abused.

I've lot about moving more freely and with control by
learning such these type of moves.  At a milonga, the
technique from these moves show in my dancing.  But you're
likely not to see the moves themselves.  My advice to you
as a newer dancer is not to cut yourself off from learning
opportunities, but do think for yourself and decide what
you want for your dance.  Let others worry about their own.

Trini de Pittsburgh

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/