[Tango-L] LA MILONGA-CANDOMBERA

Lois Donnay donnay at donnay.net
Fri Jan 25 15:12:51 EST 2008

We had some incredible workshops with Ernest Williams from Chicago this
weekend, which included Candombe, Canyengue and other roots of tango dancing
and music. What a delight and advantage to understand more about these
influences of tango! If you have a chance, try to get him him in to teach
some workshops. One advantage is that he was able to assist our local
community in some musicality issues that I believe were long neglected.
Understanding the roots of the music and the way that a variety of the
Argentine and Uruguayan cultures interpreted it is extremely helpful in
interpreting tango with our own dance style.

Then, as we are talking about connectivity, he taught workshops on Matrix
Tango. This is a way to improve connectivity through very slow, very
connected dancing. Quite enlightening!

Lois Donnay
Minneapolis