[Tango-L] more de-construction/connection

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 22:43:36 EST 2008

--- Mario <sopelote at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Did you notice the woman lead a quick turn herself?-
> near to the end of the video..,

I didn't see her do anything that wasn't lead.  Can you
pinpoint the minutes/seconds when you think she backleads?
Good dancers have a number of tools with which to lead.
For example, simply inhaling and exhaling can invite
different movements.

--- Igor wrote:
"Ultimately, developing a connection is the same like
developing quality dancing. It never ends."

Yes, but discounting the effects on the body that emotional
states produce automatically limits the quality of your
connection.  And I'm not talking about sexual chemistry.  I
believe it was Cacho Dante who wrote once about falling in
love with every woman he dances with.  The first time I
really felt a "wow" connection was with him on our very
first dance together.  It was "wow" but not "hot".

Trini de Pittsburgh

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/