[Tango-L] How do people say disociacio'n in English?

Simon3940@aol.com Simon3940 at aol.com
Tue Jan 22 23:08:36 EST 2008

You never pronounce the "g" - it's gyro in Greek and the best ones are  in
the Greek all night diner in Denver; follow any Denver tanguero after a  milonga
to find the place.  There are also good late-night gyros in Toronto  and
Montreal; and you can get them in Boston but they close too early like  everything
else in Boston.  In NYC the speciality is souvlaki; buy  it on the street
after any milonga, at any time.  Not to start an  argument or anything, but I've
not seen them in Argentina nor  Uruguay.

Wraps are usually spoiled vegetables in bad bread,  typically found in US
shopping malls; these should be avoided - leg  wraps sound particularly
disgusting, and while you might be ok eating one in New  York, I'd avoid them in the
Midwest where some dancers  are conservative about leg consumption.

Over-turned ochos - I think you mean over-turned huevos; not good -  order
them over-easy instead.  And be careful when you order them; in many  Latin
countries the word also refers to that part of the male anatomy that you  need a
lot of to be a good tango dancer - for example, don't ask the guy  behind the
counter "tiene huevos?", as a woman friend on mine once  did.  "Si, dos" he
said, holding up 2 fingers - these guys are serious  about their anatomy;
probably the reason you never hear them use the  words lead and follow as nouns.

I hope this helps your dancing,

Simon

ming.... wrote:
What are "over-turned ochos" and "leg wraps" in
Spanish?

How  do Porten~os pronounce "giro?"