[Tango-L] Last tango in Bs. As.

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Mon Jan 21 06:53:00 EST 2008

Ron

> I believe I've heard some Donato tangos and valses with Lita Morales
> at milongas in Buenos Aires.

Me too, but only when she's accompanied by one or even two guys ;)

Here's a rare example of her (almost) solo:

 Edgardo Donato + Lita Morales "Triqui-tri" http://tinyurl.com/2teqrh

If anyone knows to buy a full-quality copy of this, please tell!

> I don't remember hearing tangos by Canaro with Nelly Omar

Nor I. Here in Europe too they're rarely played. I think the problem with
them is not so much the girl's voice, but the weak dance feel. There's no
shortage of valses that are much stronger for dancing.

--
Chris