[Tango-L] Loud frame vs. Quiet frame

SCPER@aol.com SCPER at aol.com
Fri Jan 18 18:01:32 EST 2008

As a leader who will often shift to a "LOUD" frame -i.e. a strong ballroom
style frame- and then back to a "quiet" one many times during a single song, I
have found that to be the essence of effectiveness in my style of tango.
After hundreds of private ballroom lessons, I cannot help but have a lot of tone
 in my frame as a foundation.  I therefore tend to do more vulcadas, boleos,
and colgadas constantly preserving the momentum with rotation rather than
linear  movements.  This compliments a more melodic song rather than the more
traditional repetitive beat oriented songs.

Other "styles" have  their own richness.  Leading with the chest during close
embrace is  wonderful and a special integral tango characteristic.  The two
styles  may seem contradictory; yet the paradox is the more diversity that
happens in my  tango is somehow simultaneously unifying it.

The vast expanses and  adaptability of tango is a large part of why I have
been focusing solely on  tango for the last year and a half.

Alex

Monterey  Bay