[Tango-L] Two of My Teaching Pet Peeves

Anton Stanley antonst at alidas.com.au
Fri Jan 18 19:48:26 EST 2008

trend to hold the follower to the right side of the leader. from my very
first lesson in Tango, it was insisted upon that I keep the follower in
front of me. I found that difficult after years of Ballroom. Even today,
my teachers insist that the correct position to hold the follower is in
front. Any comments please?

Anton

(Bravo, Astrid.  I have been having this problem for years and could not

exactly pinpoint why my lower back was in so much pain from dancing with

certain people.  Thanks Carol

CS

Astrid wrote:
>> Hmmm, I'm always trying to get further outside on my left especially
>> when
>> in close embrace. Is this my problem?
>
> No, you are not alone. A lot of men do this, and let me tell you, the
> further left you go, the more uncomfortable it gets for the woman.
> Especially if you turn the right side of her body at an angle to you.
It