[Tango-L] men dancing with men

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Mon Jan 14 17:29:00 EST 2008

Jeff wrote:

> In the US/UK men have a lot of contact anxiety

I think you'll find this is far less true of UK men than US.

> we should be wary of projecting our own gender issues (and agendas
> too, I might add) onto another culture

See the above, Jeff ;)

Dave wrote:

> I'm hugely disappointed in festival deejays who play only three
> milongas in a tanda.  Hey, they're short.  Play five!

Can't help you in the US, but you might like to know of the most
milonga-loving tango club I've found in Europe - Tangoloft in Stuttgart,
Germany. The Saturday salon is preceded by a milonga practica. When the
house DJ Kenneth is playing, the salon starts with about 15mins of
milonga, and throughout the night more than average milonga tandas of 4
or sometime 5 tracks. Needless to say, the regulars are above average at
dancing milonga. Also the location is one of the most gorgeous dedicated
tango salons imaginable. Details at http://www.tangostuttgart.de/ .

--
Chris