[Tango-L] Milonga 101 -- conversation between dances

buffmilonguera@aol.com buffmilonguera at aol.com
Sun Jan 13 18:29:28 EST 2008

At the milongas I have, I do just that....and repeatedly ask, at the
milonga and in my periodic e-mails,  that folks respect the line of
dance, keep the "fancy stuff" in the corners or the middle and take the
teaching somewhere else entirely.  I got/get a fair amount of abuse and
sarcasm, but the behavior is getting better.  The confusing part for
me, is that the "offenders" are often experienced people who complain
to me when "the rules" are not being followed.....and, if I have to be
scrupulously honest, there are times when I am not as careful as I
should be either.  I think it is actually a vicious cycle - experienced
people get annoyed at the new people so they dance around them, the new
folks look at the experienced folks careening around the dance floor so
they think it's okay, they start doing it, the experienced folks get
more annoyed, and so on, and so on, and so on.....

Have you joined the Buffalo Argentine Tango Society Yahoo! group yet?
It's easy, and the best way to make sure you know what we're doing and
what's going on with the Argentine tango in and around Buffalo......go
to www.yahoo.com > select Groups > search for Buffalo Argentine Tango
Society > follow the directions to join BATS_tango.  Thanks!