[Tango-L] Popularity of Milonga (the dance)

'Mash mashdot at toshine.net
Thu Jan 10 11:49:59 EST 2008

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 01:27:53AM +0900, Astrid wrote:

> why if my guess is correct that there is no such thing as a pure Milonga
> night in the world.
>
> maybe because that would be equivalent to an airobics class that goes on and
> on and on...

But what about Salsa clubs, and dance clubs (which is my background.) I just find it unusual that though there are more and more younger people entering Tango along with the new younger electronic Tango music that we (the younger lot) are not pushing milonga as a dance form.

I have to say there are some times when my day has been fantastic, and I struggle to get into the intense melancholic(ness) of Tango. No number of embellishments seem to help :)

Maybe I am trying to put a square peg in a round hole but I am going to try and see if there are any who share the same wonder.

'Mash
London,UK