[Tango-L] rose in mouth, singlehandedly from one film?

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Wed Jan 9 14:32:39 EST 2008

Martin wrote:
> what im  curious about is the genesis of the silly head
snap the
> public seems to associate with tango...
The "silly head snap" is part of International style tango.
This style is used in competitive ballroom competitions. The
social tango style, sometimes called American, doesn't have
any head snaps. In the competitive style, the couples aren't
allowed to separate but they can in American.

I'm guessing the snap is used to impress judges. I don't
dance International style because I don't want to give
myself whiplash.

Michael Ditkoff
Washington, DC
Where it feels like Spring today. Tomorrow is a different
story

I'd rather be dancing Argentine Tango