[Tango-L] tango schizophrenia

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Wed Jan 9 12:26:09 EST 2008

'Mash wrote:
> but I would say for some like myself, we get our confidence from knowning
 > that we have placed our foot just right.

If you're worrying about placing your foot "just right" after a year and a half
then in my opinion you aren't focusing on the essentials.

The foot follows the "alma". Its main function is one of (literally) support,
and if a foot is trying to show off it needs to know its place ;). Foot placement
first and foremost should be taken to enable you to move forcefully (i.e.
without ambiguity) and smoothly. The rest is style.

> Like knowning when you hit a golfball or tennis ball just right.

I don't think it's a good parallel. A good parallel would be wondering about what kind of
strings to put on your racket or what brand of clubs you're going to buy. If
you're already a champion you might need to worry about it, but it's not what's
going to make or break you as a champion.