[Tango-L] tango schizophrenia

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Wed Jan 9 09:16:40 EST 2008

Chris,

By ... "Great tango salon dancers", I assume you're referring to the old
milongueros, who rarely give credit to any teacher and say they just learned
by dancing. If that is true, I'm sure it's simply because great teachers
were not available to them. All the younger great tango salon dancers always
give credit to their teachers.

I'm certain that by following his chosen method, Mash will end up as a far
superior dancer than one who follows your proposed method of trying to learn
Tango just by dancing. And he'll still end up with his own style, which, I
agree, he will develop by just dancing his own dance.

Keith, HK

On Wed Jan  9 20:40 , "Chris, UK"  sent: