[Tango-L] Rhythm breaks at 3 1/2 hour milongas

Miguel Canals elpibemc1961 at yahoo.ca
Tue Jan 8 18:52:16 EST 2008

--- Carol Shepherd <arborlaw at comcast.net> wrote:

> As the club owner remarked: "We love the tango
> music.  That's when
> everyone hits the bar to re-order."

That's what long cortinas (1 minute or longer) are
for.

As for the DJ, that kills the milonga with a milonga +
latin break.   Is the milonga still around?

Good DJs control the build up of the atmosphere in a
milonga as the night progresses, building up intensity
and then letting it relax, and then up again until it
hit a peak at the "optimum" hour.  To me, the optimum
hours of the 9-12:30 milonga is somewhere between
10:30 to 12:00.  If the best dancing hour is broken up
by a long break, you probably won't see me there much.

http://www.flickr.com/gift/