[Tango-L] Gender Imbalance

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Thu Jan 3 19:13:00 EST 2008

Trini wrote:

> women who are successful in getting dances ... will visit the food table

USA milongas have food tables??? Coo... Of the couple of hundred milongas
I've visited in Europe and Argentina, I can't recall even one having a
food table.

> Sitting in one spot all night, expecting someone to come up to you is
> not a very effective way to meet people.

Sitting in one spot is very effective around here. If I see a girl
dancing, I only have to watch where she returns to sit, to know where
to find her later for an invitation.

> I tend to wander around, sometimes in search of a partner

That sounds to me like a cause of the problem, rather than a cure.

--
Chris