[Tango-L] Milonga 101 -- leaving the floor at the end of a tanda

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 3 17:51:21 EST 2008

I don't know about otehr women, but I don't consider myself
as "having a seat".  I do have a place for a drink or where
I stash my shoes, but I tend to wander around, sometimes in
search of a partner or visit with friends.  I think this is
common in my neck of the woods.  Perhaps this is one reason
N. American women do not expect to be escorted back to her
seat or off of the floor.  By that time, they might miss
the next desirable partner.  It seems that few people
actually wait to hear what the next tanda is before they
ask someone to dance.

A few thoughts,
Trini de Pittsburgh

--- Jerry Combs <jerrycombs40 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> I agree wholeheartedly. Often, I have had the distinct
> impression that a North American woman whom I am
> escorting back to her seat, especially if it is a long
> way off, puts up a slight guard, as if this offering
> of chivalry means something else.
> Many N. American women have not enjoyed the experience
> of    gentlemanly manners, as do the Argentinian
> women.
> I say, re-train them and walk them back to their
> seats!
>
> Saludos,
> Jerry
>

>       Yahoo! Encuentros.
>
> Ahora encontrar pareja es mucho más fácil, probá el nuevo
> Yahoo! Encuentros
> http://yahoo.cupidovirtual.com/servlet/NewRegistration

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/