[Tango-L] Milonga 101 -- leaving the floor at the end of a tanda

David Hodgson DHodgson at TangoLabyrinth.com
Thu Jan 3 01:46:10 EST 2008

Of course if you like the partner your dancing with you can also "Magickly"
finish exactly the furthest point away from where the Follow's chair was.

-----Original Message-----
From: tango-l-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:tango-l-bounces at mit.edu] On Behalf Of
Victor Bennetts
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 11:04 PM
To: Tango-L
Subject: Re: [Tango-L] Milonga 101 -- leaving the floor at the end of a
tanda

>From what I observed in Argentina, many of the leaders who are in the outer
circle know the songs so well that they can plan things to end their tanda
at precisely the same place where they started. Hence very little escorting
is required. The woman's seat is right there where they started, which of
course assumes that they have walked up to the woman's seat to start the
tanda - a requirement of the cabaceo.

I think walking the follower to the edge of the floor (not necessarily all
the way back to their seat) is a minimum courtesy and I have not had any bad
feedback on it in Australia.

Victor Bennetts

Christopher >Speaking only from my personal experience, This happens because
most
>American (and perhaps European and Asian as well) women don't expect
>the man to walk them back, and act a bit uncertain about the fellows
>who do try to escort them back to their seats.

for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further,
you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to
any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain
viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this
risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any
virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before
opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and
review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address.
Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys
e-mail system.