[Tango-L] Out-of-Context and Misquoted Responses

Tango For Her tangopeer at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 11:53:51 EST 2008

I was getting bent out of shape because I was being
misquoted when people were responding that my post was
not correct/not good/whatever.  I apologize to the
group for getting bent out of shape.  In the future, I
guess a short statement that I believe I was misquoted
would be more appropriate.

I do not think that my post was the end-all.  But, I
do believe that I was misquoted as a basis for the
reply that didn't approve of my post, sending us down
a counterproductive spiral.

I believe that posts are, often, taken out of context
or misquoted in the process of responding causing
ensuing spiralling public email exchanges.  This takes
away from the intent of the original post.

I am told that I have done this, as well.  So,
repliers, including me, take caution!

Thank you