[Tango-L] The Suggested Lead

steve pastor tang0man2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 1 17:56:54 EST 2008

First a note to the the list... I have communicated with
  Tango for Her regarding the questions and concerns about
  my previous post.
  Now...

  To me the discussion about visual clues is one of do you
  encourage people to use them, or not, and how much.

  More on propiorerception, this time from a magazine dealing
  with dance.
Words in parens are mine.

Proprioperception is largely unconscious.
Honing this sense can also improve your balance.
We learn more quickly and effectively when we pay attention
  to the feeling of new movement as well as what it looks like.
  You can detect changes in muscle length and joint angle and
  position (and balance). When the information from these sensors
  is combined, you have a clear picture of how your body is moving
  (or where it should move to).

  Regarding "the Frame"... I'll let someone else start the Frame thread.
  Let me pitch this, and see what the reaction is.

  Simply stated, "the Frame" collapses when in close embrace / apilado /
  milonguero. The physical contact through the torso replaces the arms /
  hands as the point of haptic communication between partners.
  The "embrace" continues, of course.
  As the embrace opens, or becomes less symmetric (the Frame expands),
  communication moves into the the arms/ hands.

The imprecision of our vocabulary creates lots of discussion. Does thinking
  of the Frame as collapsing and expanding and being the conveyor of
  information, or not, help any?