[Tango-L] Shared Pivots - Prerequisites

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 16:07:26 EST 2008

--- Tango For Her <tangopeer at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Mario asked about learning shared pivots.
>
> I advise that a prerequisite to leading shared pivots
> is to learn and become confortable with various drags
> and sandwiches.
>
> Any other suggestions?

I'd suggest enrosques, calesitas, boleos, colgadas and
pretty much anything else.  Single-axis turns are one of
those things that look deceptively easy, but it's just not
pleasant for women to work on those things with men who
lack good fundamentals.  They get pushed, squeezed, and
forced to fall into the exiting step.  On the order of
importance, it's not a terribly important piece of
vocabulary to learn.

Trini de Pittsburgh

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/