[Tango-L] No dancing before the music

Anton Stanley antonst at alidas.com.au
Wed Feb 20 19:22:46 EST 2008

Doug wrote:

"Anton - Instead of just complaining, why not organize an all classic
tango night in your local community and see what kind of crowd you draw?
If it is enough to pay the studio rent and provides enough dancers to
make the night interesting, your problem is solved.  No appeasement
required.  OTOH, if you end up unable to pay the rent or with only 6 or
8 dancers, you may wish to reconsider.  In any event, it sounds like you
are complaining when you could be doing.

Just a thought."

Doug, you either miss the point or choose to do so. You have labeled
Tango "classic tango". To me there is Tango or non Tango. Knowingly or
unknowingly, you have decided there are least two types of Tango. This
makes my point I believe. Of course I have considered the option you
suggest. But that is hitting Tango with a cleaver, and acknowledging a
multi Tango genre which I hope is a path we can avoid. Read my post
again!

Anton