[Tango-L] Breaking the 'paso basico.'

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Wed Feb 13 20:55:00 EST 2008

>> the Milongueros ... choose to dance only to their favorite songs

> That's fine. But that only means they will never expand their ability
> to learn to enjoy other tangos :)

What a tragic misunderstanding. Sitting listening is precisely what /does/
expand one's ability to learn to enjoy other tangos.

If you know a better way, I'd love to hear it. Workshops in "How to dance
to D'Arienzo/Pugliese/Di Sarli" etc. need not apply.

> AND IT COULD BE SO MUCH BETTER IF FIRSTLY MORE TEACHERS, THEN MORE
> HOSTS AND FINALLY MORE DANCERS WOULD START APPRECIATING GOOD
> TRADITIONAL TANGO MUSIC!!!

Well said, Thorsten. Meanwhile, we'll continue to begin with the dancers ;)

--
Chris