[Tango-L] Breaking the 'paso basico.'

Jay Rabe jayrabe at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 13 13:59:34 EST 2008

Bob mentions a point that deserves emphasis. I too have often heard Argentine instructors say something, in demonstrating a step, about starting from position 2 or 3. They may not even teach the 8CB, but if they want to start a demo with the leader's right foot forward in parallel, it's much more convenient to just say "position 3." So while I disagree that the 8CB has any value as a teaching device over
teaching based on fundamentals and improvisation, I agree it does have value as
a point of reference in describing foot positions.

        TangoMoments.com