[Tango-L] Breaking the 'paso basico.'

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Wed Feb 13 12:36:01 EST 2008

I'm sorry Tom, but I think you're the one being angry and rude, not me.
Because I question the sidewalk walk that you teach and your super-strong
objections to the 8CB, you say I'm being angry and rude. All I'm saying is
that your views are contrary to what I've experienced in Argentina. You
teach a heel walk, most Argentines don't. You don't teach the 8CB, most
Argentines do. I just want to know why you think you know better than
the Argentines. That's all. I'm not being angry or rude. If it's because of
cultural difference as Jay has suggested, please tell me. If it's because
you want to make the dance easier and more accessible for your students,
fine, that's a reason. I'm sure you've done a great job in your community
but maybe some might want to get better and better and even surpass
their teacher. I just think you might be underestimating and limiting the
potential of your students.  Something to think about - yes?

Keith, HK

 On Wed Feb 13 23:59 , Tom Stermitz  sent: