[Tango-L] Breaking the 'paso basico.'

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Wed Feb 13 11:56:06 EST 2008

OK, Jay is the first person to actually touch on what I'm asking.

So, what is the difference between the American and the Argentine cultures that results in
these different teaching methods and different problems arising. What I really want to know,
personally, is why Argentines so much better than everybody else. And, please, don't put
words in my mouth again - I'm not saying every Argentine is great at Tango - of course they're
 not. But a lot of them are. And the best of the best, even in the younger generation are all
Argentine. Why is that? Is it because of the way they are taught and the way they learn. I
think it is. Which brings us right back to WALKING.

Keith

 On Thu Feb 14  0:01 , Jay Rabe  sent:

 It's not unexpected that different cultures, e.g. American vs. Argentine, might require entirely
 different teaching styles to convey the same material to their population.