[Tango-L] Chicago Tango Community Celebrates Tango?s African

Elizabeth Seyler eseyler at temple.edu
Sat Feb 9 13:14:08 EST 2008

Bravo to Ernest Williams and all collaborators on celebrating
the African roots of tango this month!!  You are doing a huge
service to our national and international tango communities by
raising awareness and celebrating this part of tango history.

I recently reviewed Robert Farris Thompson's "Tango: The Art
History of Love" for an academic journal (Dance Chronicle).  I
highly recommend it to anyone interested in tango's African,
European, and Argentine roots.
-Elizabeth