[Tango-L] Kizomba & Canyengue together at last....

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Tue Feb 5 22:56:36 EST 2008

Recently we had someone recommending scholarly research to separate fact from
fiction in the origins of Tango and other dances. Sounded good to me. Now we have
the opposite extreme. Miles can look at 2 very modern 21st century videos of
Canyengue and Kizomba and recognise their common roots in Tango. Amazing Miles.
If that came from a 10-year old, it might actually be funny.

Serously though - can we try to be a little more serious when it comes to the origins
of Tango because, I for one, would certainly like to know. But I don't think looking at
21st century videos of dancers, who probably know many dances, is going to tell us
anything. I can dance 13 different dances well enough to teach and a few others I
just dance for fun. I could certainly combine different elements of each, but would
that show a common thread? Of course not.

 On Wed Feb  6  7:28 , m i l e s  sent: