[Tango-L] Nino Bien

robin tara robinctara at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 10:38:02 EST 2008

A word of caution to those who want to be welcomed at milongas in BA: Be
careful what and who you write about. Although there is freedom of speech
here in BA, some milonga organizers will ban you from their milongas if you
write something even mildly unpleasant about their venues. I witnessed this
happening at a milonga recently. A guest had written about an unfortunate
experience at that particular milonga and when the organizer saw that she
was there, she attacked her verbally, saying that she was not welcome and
that she should be careful of her passport because the milonga organizer
could have her kicked out of the country. This was not a quiet, private
conversation. It was screamed out at high volume. Unbelievable!
Maybe I won't be welcomed back there again. I'll let you know.