[Tango-L] nino bien

sherpal1@aol.com sherpal1 at aol.com
Sat Feb 2 11:45:38 EST 2008

Thanks to the tango gods, I have learned which months to travel to BA to avoid the huge
influx of tourtists, I have learned which milongos to go to, which days and hours, which people
to dance with. I have learnedto go into the provinces around BA where neighbors and
couples and singles go to dine,drink, dance and be convivial and social, who know which
tango is playing after the first three notes and who can sing the lettras?in your ear as they
hold you in their loving embrace.? They know that it is the woman who should be shown
off, with her style not her tricks, they cherish the pause, they honor her ability to inter
lead in an elegant dance conversation.? It took ten years and over a dozen and a half trips
to BA to learn this from their cultural perspective.IT is not instantly acquired knowledge and
that is why it is so valuable.?

I personally would not want to dance with some of these people on the?list who
have so much resentment andbitterness in their hearts.? BEst to stay home and not
infect the floors in BA.

I agree, Nino Bien has not been good since '99,? It really became sort of a pickup place
where foreigners took the culturally disapproved of oppourtunity to correct their partners
on the dance floor.
?
That place is a fool's paradise.

Sherrie