[Tango-L] Spanish

Sergio Vandekier sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 31 15:29:09 EST 2008

"Or read the daily edition of Minuto Uno for current usage of Castellano in Argentina.http://www.minutouno.com/ Marty"

Remember that the written Spanish is almost the same in all the countries that speak this language.  It is in the spoken language where some differences may be present.

This will not cause any problem with being understood. You will always be understood in any place.

  The differences inside regions of each country or from country to country may be less than in the USA going from New York to Boston or to Texas.

Many Europeans come to Argentina to study the language but whatever you study at home will get you on the right track to learn more and more. It is a long process.

I am fairly good (my native language is Spanish) with English, French and Italian, now I entertain myself trying to learn German.

I just finished reading a book (that has parallel text - German on one side and English on the other) 'Metamorphosis" by Franz Kafka.

I recommend this type of reading at certain point, when you start understanding more.

Latin American Spanish may be closer to the way we speak in Argentina.

Most of the 500 million people that speak Spanish do it as it is done in Latin America.

Best regards, Sergio