[Tango-L] Spoon time.. (avoided..)...

DHodgson DHodgson at TangoLabyrinth.Com
Sat Dec 20 21:28:49 EST 2008

Well then suit your self.
Would not mind seeing what you can do on the dance floor some time.
Tango is a small circle when it comes down to it, and any one worth their
salt watches the Follow first before the Lead. How each "guy" gets to be
good... its usually a good story.

Like my penchant for cheesy, bad humor..
Ya hear about the rabbi who didn't charge for circumcisions,,,
He only took tips...

Er,,, Yeah I know,, like my foot work... an inexpensive, easy diversion from
heavy subjects.

-----Original Message-----
From: tango-l-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:tango-l-bounces at mit.edu] On Behalf Of
Huck Kennedy
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 2:23 PM
To: tango-l at mit.edu
Subject: Re: [Tango-L] Spoon time.. (avoided..)...

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 1:46 PM, DHodgson <DHodgson at tangolabyrinth.com>
wrote:
> "Well there's nothing to lose
> And there's nothing to prove
> I'll be dancing with myself"
>
> I think you boys are missing the point, analyzing this too much as usual.
> Just avoid the spoon.
>
> It is like in this video clip. If either of you think your looking too
> dignified while practicing out in public then I have to wonder how well
> either of you dance the Follows.

     No, I think *you're* missing the point, to wit, that a video of
some guy dancing by himself does not serve as an example of good
milonga dancing.  Whether or not he looks "goofy" practicing is not
the point--the point is that he's dancing by himself, which hardly
provides a good example of a partner dance.

     It's easy to be brilliant dancing by yourself.  Cooperating with
a partner is much more difficult.

     I'm not saying nobody should practice by themselves if they want
to, by all means have at it--just don't videotape it and tell me it's
an example of good milonga dancing, because milonga dancing takes two.

> PS: Love Billy Idol!!!

      So do I.   Particularly dancing alone to that song and looking
goofy.   :-)

Huck