[Tango-L] Your milonga secrets

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 04:45:36 EST 2008

--- On Tue, 12/16/08, Felix Delgado <felixydelgado at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Here is an example of a performance by my favorite
> tango nuevo dancers,
> > Sebastian Arce and Mariana Montes. I
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LR-Us0-a48
>

> I find this not stepping to each beat very odd. I've
> always learned that in milonga, you step with each beat.

I found it interesting because he uses it to accent certain things in the music and because he uses it very sparingly.  When he does it, you can at times see the suspension he gives her so that she doesn't step.

I enjoyed the video, though I think it looks a little stiff due to Mariana's stiffness, not Sebastian.  Her knees don't bend much, so that she doesn't appear as grounded.  I didn't think of it as robotic.  Sebastian seemed really intent on the music.

Trini de Pittsburgh