[Tango-L] Close Embrace in ?

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 21:30:43 EST 2008

Mario,

Yes, the lady's left breast between your two is the position for the "V" embrace
and this is by far the most popular embrace used in the milongas of Buenos Aires.
But there are a growing number of teachers, who often promote their classes as
'Milonguero Style', who teach a different embrace with full nipples to nipples contact.
Yes, this is much more restrictive but it provides a much closer and more intimate
connection. My advice to you, as a relative beginner, would be to take every
opportunity to learn both styles. Eventually your own personal style will emerge.
You'll almost certainly end up dancing with different partners or to different music
with a slightly different embrace. But it will be your dance and nobody elses.
For me, that's one of the great things about Tango.

Jack