[Tango-L] Close Embrace in ?

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 17:15:56 EST 2008

Hello, Which tango schools in Paris teach close embrace Tango (chest
to chest - not  'v')
Merci

The above quote has me wondering...since all Tango embraces are asymmetrical:
("..the asymmetrical nature of the embrace, closed on
one side, more open on the other.")
I was originaly taught chest to chest when in my first close embrace class.  You know
the exercise where the couple fold their arms behind them and only make contact with
their chests?..well, Im currently questioning the utility of such an exercise. Is it to get
the lean? Is it to show that we can connect that way? Or is it an important part of this
mythical chest to chest embrace?  I say mythical because I'm beginning to wonder if
it exists on the dance floor.
The best close embrace experience I've had was when the woman placed her left breast
between my two. I don't know if this is the legendary "V" embrace but we danced a Milonga
song to die for..perfect communication coming up from our lower torsos thru the chest
connection. .. I have gone back to trying the mythical chest/chest embrace only to find
it more and more restricting....am I barking up the wrong tree? Would readers please
share their experience and understanding of the distinctions of the close embrace?? thanks