[Tango-L] obsession with nuevo - a remedy?

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 13:18:06 EST 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BZkS4FWiSk
Oscar Casas teaching ganchos and leg wraps?
I cringed as I opened the video but was pleasantly suprised
by a more integrated dance-like approach to the fare.
I particularly liked the single axis turn (29sec. in) that
wasn't even mentioned and the fact that the movements
seem more organic in that they are growing out of the dance.
Anyway, I see it that the Nuevo craze is pushing the
milongueros to stretch their envelope a little and that is not
a bad thing.  I hate ganchos but the rest looks like it could work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BZkS4FWiSk