[Tango-L] text and Dinzel's

info@adagioconbrio.co.uk info at adagioconbrio.co.uk
Fri Aug 29 19:48:36 EDT 2008

Dear Tango-L members
i would like to clarify that the text that i am reading on youtube is the whole text of my research. By 'if you prefer to receive the "complete text" please don't hesitate to contact me' i was referring to the formatted for publishing text (with footnotes, references, bibliography).
i apologize for the confusion. thank you to all that contacted me and indeed when i finish the formatting i could make it available.

Thank you Joe. I will insert a note of the complete quote in the published version, which is:

“As a monologue in which it is the man who, generally, gives out commands, and the woman whose role is to listen and act accordingly, in a passive and submissive attitude. This is a deep rooted concept traditionally accepted, and repeatedly ratified through oral and written custom….. But it is simply incorrect”
Gloria and Rodolfo Dinzel, “Tango: and anxious quest for freedom” Abrazos Books, 2000, p 43

However in the paper i didn't feel inclined in using words such as: correct / incorrect, so i omitted the last section.
I believe that the second quote  gives a clear understanding of what Dinzel's vision is about:

“The woman who dares ….to converse, to try a dialogue, to express her own responses to the music, that woman is often suppressed by the man who performs his dancing in a monologue kind of attitude”. (Dinzel 2001: 44-45)

i am thrilled by the generous, genuine, informative, proactive responses.
Really, thank you!
Adriana