[Tango-L] Melina´s_DJing_Primer

Ilene Marder imhmedia at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 15 19:02:49 EDT 2008

Pugliese was also the only orchestra leader, as I understand it, to
share all his earnings equally with orchestra members.
and for those who don't already know....he was jailed several times for
his beliefs ...and it's said a rose was always left at his piano while
he was gone.

Also many dancers not that familiar with the music think of Pugliese as
only the very dramatic 50's -'60s period.
His music from the  mid to late '40's, especially tracks like Raza
Criolla, Vayen Saliendo, Entrada Prohibida and Mala Pinta for example
are beautiful beyond words ( but  not for most beginner dancers - his
rhythm is very elastic...)..in my experience these and the earlier
tracks such as Tierra Querida, Boedo, El Monito, are played more
frequently in BsAs as well.
Ilene