[Tango-L] Purpose of tango-tradicional.de - Was Melina's DJing Primer

Thorsten Zörner thorstenzoerner at gmx.de
Sun Aug 10 16:37:32 EDT 2008

Dear all,

first off let me thank for your positive remarks on my DJ work. I
appreciate it very much.

Then I need to clarify something about tango-tradicional.de:

Andreas wrote:
> If you really want to know places to go and dance in Germany, maybe
> check out Thorsten´s (Zoerner, that is...) new website about
> traditional milongas and DJs:
>
> www.tango-tradicional.de

Okay, I've put up a new web page some three weeks ago
in order to promote traditional tango - predominantly in Germany,
but also across the borders (already one swiss entry).

Further Andreas wrote:
> Check out the names of the DJs he put on there...

As the list is very new, I am currently waiting for and encouraging
more and new entries...
and I am actually waiting for the first entry from Berlin.
Why shouldn't there be any traditional DJs?
In fact I can think of some immediately, but I would prefer to have
their input directly,
rather than including them unasked into my list.

Finally I quote Andreas:
> both who is on it and who is not.

No! Sorry, Andreas, to call you out on this.
But nobody should use this list to reason that the milongas, DJs and
festivals of traditional tango music mentioned are the best or even
everything else is bad. Not true, not my intention.
My list only serves as a *positive*, necessarily incomplete list for
those,
who love traditional tango in tandas and cortinas.

Have a nice Sunday,
cheers,
Thorsten.

http://www.TangoDuesseldorf.de/