[Tango-L] Melina´s_DJing_Primer

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Sun Aug 10 13:03:00 EDT 2008

> I just finished translating an article on DJing that seems to have
> become something of a  standard treatise on the subject in Germany
> The article covers the basics of good DJing and IMO does a good job

Andreas, you'd probably want to give Berlin a miss when I'm DJing at the
major Friday and Saturday night milongas. If you really believe in stuff
like "especially avoid playing a milonga tango right after romantic Caló",
you'd hate it. I break at least three of your rules every night.

To anyone considering considering visting the milongas of Germany and the
surrounds, please do not let this article put you off. I promise we have
very few DJs who need a tango instructor's treatise to tell them "It is
very useful to group the music in tandas".

Excellent DJs to look out for include (in no particular order)
Michael Rühl, Garritt Fleischmann, Irma Gross, Daniel Montangero, Thorsten
Zörner, Martin Omlin, Matias Valentin, Tommaso Fiorilli.

--
Chris

PS Neil wrote:

> *"The absolute high point with Pugliese tangos..."*
>
> -Laughable.

Late Pugliese instrumentals were popular a couple of years ago at the
height of the nuevo fad. There has since been a market correction. ;)