[Tango-L] song's name, cont.

Joe Grohens joe.grohens at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 14:32:29 EDT 2008

 > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22ZkO6fQJ2Y

Thanks, Marquerito for pointing out this video of the championships in
Santiago, Chile.

I enjoyed watching it and I love these particular musical selections.

Speaking of "style" of dancing, isn't there a remarkable uniformity of
style in these contestants? Everyone has the same embrace, even down
to the appearance of the hands. They all use the same steps. I would
guess that they have studied with one or similar teachers.

Also, the dancers are using what I would call a close embrace. Would
others call it that?

Also, they are _not_ dancing in what I would identify as "milonguero
style." Would anyone call it that?

Does anyone know anything about the contestants, and whether they are
aligned with a school or a style of dancing?