[Tango-L] How to lead volcadas

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Fri Aug 8 14:29:00 EDT 2008

> no one has ever said that ... "one particular predefined sequence is the
> only thing that is called volcada". I don't know where you got that idea.

I got that idea from countless class teachers like the one who just wrote
on this list:

 I am describing what is known these days as the figure called "Volcada"
 (that is the move indeed executed over and over with the wide front
 boleo ending in a cruzada.

> IMHO, a Volcada, during the leaning action, includes a forward and / or
> sideways movement of the lady's free leg.

Fine, but I think you'll find that interpretation exists only in people
who've learned from teachers that define "volcada" as the label for the
particular combination you identify. People who don't learn in such
lessons don't acquire such labels.

> It just seems to me that it would help in communication if we all
> understand a word to mean the same thing  ...  We can leave the
> original, actual true meaning of the words to the history books

Well Jack, while the original true meanings of words are still in use by
so many people, you're going to find them rather hard to eradicate.

--
Chris