[Tango-L] Boleos - back and front

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 02:00:10 EDT 2008

----- Original Message ----
> From: David Thorn <thorn-inside at hotmail.com>
>
> First few seconds.  Liz is lead to spiral at the waist, her leg does float
> behind and then wraps around front, and then
> she is lead to settle onto her left foot.    A front boleo???  A front ocho???
> Simply a cross??

I'd say that Liz is dancing a small, low, Back Boleo because, as Tom
says, her free leg is floating behind. In a classical Front Ocho, the man
would lead the lady to collect, prior to rotation. IMHO, leading the change
of rotation prior to collection is what causes the free leg to swing into a
Boleo. After the Boleo, Liz dances a nice cross.