[Tango-L] Social Tango

Dubravko Kakarigi dubravko_2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 14:22:13 EDT 2008

The way I understand what Trini is talking about is that every dancer eventually (the sooner the better) finds his or her own body which then, to a large extent, forms the basis for his or her own style -- unique in time and space. We all draw from the same bag of technical and choreographic concepts, but given our unique physique, psyche, and ways to feel and interpret the music and connect with our parters, we dance our unique dance.

In very general terms now, every dance instance is in its own category. Why even worry about categorizing it? What is gained by that? It is almost guaranteed that I will dance the same music differently with a different partner and/or in different time. Flexibility in interpretation is a bonus. Normal equals boring equals death.

seek, appreciate, and create beauty
this life is not a rehearsal