[Tango-L] Open/crossed step uses?

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 2 23:30:15 EDT 2008

Larry,
Sacadas are another good example of the usefulness of the open/cross
system understanding. Walking outside partner on the right or left sides,
I can always do a Sacada on the lady's trailing leg. But the Sacadas and
their results will be very different depending on whether mine or my partners
step is crossed or open.
For example, if my step is crossed, the Sacada will be with the outside
of my leg and with the inside if my step is open. If my partners step is
open, the Sacada will be on the inside of her leg and will result in her
leg swinging back whereas, if her step is crossed, my Sacada will be
on the outside of her leg and will result in her leg crossing in front of
her standing leg.
>From this, you can easily work out how many different Sacadas are
possible while walking outside partner, left or right side in crossed
or parallel feet. Interesting, uh?
Jack