[Tango-L] Tango Books

Crrtango@aol.com Crrtango at aol.com
Tue Apr 29 18:30:40 EDT 2008

I picked up a number of new and used tango books and magazines when I was in
Buenos Aires. I am almost finished a new one about Carlos Gavito which appears
to be part or the beginning of a series called "Voces En La Milonga" (Voices
in the Milonga).   Gavito was sometimes a polarizing figure on the tango scene
(in the U.S. anyway) because of his minimalist style but did have an
interesting history in the dance world and knew many composers, singers and other
dancers. As I finish them I will post a short synopsis for those interested in
reading them. They are all in Spanish but some might be translated in the future
for those who do not speak the language. More to come...

Cheers,
Charles