[Tango-L] how to lead (was 'weight change')

Crrtango@aol.com Crrtango at aol.com
Tue Apr 29 11:57:24 EDT 2008

 On Tue Apr 29  2:23 , Alexis Cousein  sent:

>If (or I should say when) the frame is really locked, it is impossible
>for you to do a weight change and for your partner to do none;

Although we don't agree on everything ;-), I agree with Keith on this one.
It is not impossible at all to change weight while in a close embrace although
"locked" is maybe not the best word to describe it, since that implies a
restriction of movement. I have always danced close embrace and in body contact
with my partner and often change weight without the follower knowing it. But I
don't agree that it is something beginners can master easily because of its
subtlety, but it can be learned, with a little practice, and taught.

Cheers,
Charles