[Tango-L] how to lead (was 'weight change')

Michael Figart II michaelfigart at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 29 03:30:08 EDT 2008

Alexis wrote;
<<<<<<Nobody is claiming that you necessarily lead a
weight shift of the follower through your own weight
shift>>>>>>>>.
Jeez, Alexis; that's exactly what many here are
saying; that unless you "disguise" it, or make it
"invisible", the follower will change weight also.
Oleh made his case very well; at least I understood
exactly what he was saying, and it seems to be exactly
what he meant.
And then you go introduce this "locked frame" crap,
and confuse a bunch of people on this list. I guess
what you're really meaning is "leader and follower
moving in exact mirror images"....jeezus, what the
'ell made you come up with this? All I can think of is
that you wanted to look like a big dawg, so you throw
up your straw, ("nobody is claiming...."), and attack
one who presented a good explanation of this
"phenomenon". So who died and made you King? Was there
some kind of proclamation that I missed?
To everybody else; a leader can change feet with or
without changing the feet of the follower. Sometimes
the follower can really feel it....sometimes not. If a
leader keeps the body of the follower in a position so
that it would be uncomfortable to change her weight to
the other foot, she should not change. If he moves his
follower's position so that she should, or must,
change feet to keep her axis comfortable, then she
should change feet. It really is that simple.
And..I've got to expand this a bit, so I'll start
another posting....."how much weight?"
Regards,
Michael (Houston)

Message: 3