[Tango-L] body, hand leads

Floyd Baker febaker at buffalotango.com
Sun Apr 27 08:38:07 EDT 2008

I lead the parada that way myself...  The 'last few inches' being
before the ankles close...  I see it as basically a lead that there
will not be another directional lead.., but in fact a stop!

It's best to let the lady know what's going on so she isn't left
hanging and thinking she missed a lead...

Floyd

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 04:03 +0100 (BST), you wrote:

>> In a parada, a stop, the leader presses his right hand firmly against
>> his partner's back to arrest the last few inches of her backward motion
>> The better the leader the lesser the pressures, but there must be some
>
>That is nonsense. A good leader needs only the girl to stay on his chest.
>He stops, she stops. There are no "last few inches" of her motion to be
>arrested, because if there were, she'd be a few inches outside the embrace.

     Buffalo Tango - Argentine Tango - How To Tango
     * * * * * *  www.buffalotango.com  * * * * * *