[Tango-L] Buffalo's Ladies Only lesson report.

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Thu Apr 24 14:47:03 EDT 2008

Floyd:
I understand better what you mean. But if I was beginner, I'd be confused if
I went to tango festivals where instructors spoke about " the lead" and not
"the leads" after your description.  I agree the torso sends many signals;
tempo, degree of rotation, direction of step, etc. I wouldn't want to call
it multiple leads.

Michael Ditkoff
Washington, DC
Looks like spring is going to stay here

On 4/24/08, Floyd Baker <febaker at buffalotango.com> wrote:

> But you *can* give more than one lead at a time, within a single step,
> or followers weight change.  The leader's entire body is in fact the
> lead.., including every movement it makes.  The follower needs to be
> in tune with all of it...
>
> I know most everyone goes the single lead way..,

I only consider followers taking single steps only.  I never consider
multiple steps, which I call 'moves'.

I was trying to say that the follower must keep her senses open for
many leads at once.   Coming all the time within each step she takes..
To be ready and able to perform the various steps and the
modifications she feels..,  as opposed to the vanilla one of three
step leads, coming one at a time.

I hope it makes sense...   It does to me...

Floyd